Thursday, June 10, 2010

If you wouldn't punch yourself in a street fight, why do it in a word fight?



Y'all know I'm a fan of Hip-Hop, especially freestyle battles. I'm not exactly sure if the cat in this video understands. I'm assuming this cat thought that his wit would carry him beyond the implications of his insinuations. HE WAS WRONG. I don't even think HOV or Em could dig themselves out of this lyrical hole. Not enough to win the battle. Your opponent wouldn't even need to do anything more than repeat your rhymes back to you. I hope this trend isn't followed. Battle rappers need to be the epitome of confidence, bravado, and machismo. Sometimes, in a battle, that can be enough to bring you out victorious. Even if you're lyrics are better. Example: LL vs Canibus. My advice to any battle rapper is to tighten up your lyrics, but don't forget this is a BATTLE!!! If you want an example, check out Jae Millz vs Murda Mook. But that's just my opinion though, and who the hell am I?

No comments:

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems