Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Historic Hip Hop Highlight



It is nice to have something positive to say about Hip Hop nowadays. I've been a critic of it's lack of creativity and focus on materialism, but after seeing these pictures, I feel a lot better. True heavyweights in the game; Jay-Z, Diddy, Kanye West, 50 Cent, and T.I.(not pictured) were all on the stage at the same time. They were all smiling, laughing, and getting along. For once, it looks like Hip-hop is getting its Grown-man on. I'm proud. This sends a message to the younger generation of Hip-hop heads, as well as the critics: "We are business minded black men and we mean business". I predict more Rap Love Fests of this nature. Especially since the appearance hasn't caused any backlash. In fact the anticipation of a remix with all attending has a major buzz on the Internet. It makes me think of the old Fresh Fests that had all the top rap acts on one tour. I love battles, diss tracks, and beef as much as the next guys but gestures of solidarity and unity, in a cutthroat industry, are much more inspirational than entertaining. But that's just my opinion though, and who the hell am I?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!!!

Anonymous said...

WHOOOOOP Der it iz.....

Anonymous said...

Hip-Hop Hooray! HO! Hey! HO!...Happy Birthday Virgo-Man!!!

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems