Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Gentleman Doth......


Have you ever protested anything? Have you ever participated in a march that wasn't a fundraiser? Have you ever been a part of a sit-in or a picket line? Don't you wish you had? If you are anything like me, those days when people took action against wrong doings seem like ancient history. I would love to recreate those days. Being in the midst of like-minded, motivated, passionate people would be amazing. There are so many things that I would like to protest, but I don't because I often feel like my late is full or that I wouldn't make a difference. I am now throwing down the gauntlet to all of those who read this blog. Find a cause! Find an Injustice! Find a wrong to right! Do something about it!!! Pick something that has really been getting under you skin and take a public, unflinching stand/stance against it. Whether it's "Why does organic foods cost more at the grocery store?" or "Why don't more stores carry black hair products?" or "Why doesn't Bush bring the troops home?" Plan to protest. Boycott, Sit-In, or Picket. The choice is yours. Don't be an idle, lemming-like drown anymore. Find your battle and fight it. Fight it, like your kids life depended on it. Set the example, for them and others, that you are not going to take it anymore! No cause is too small! No discomfort too trivial! Like the quote says, "Nothing is constant but change". Be active in the change in your world, don't just observe it. But that's just my opinion though, and who the hell am I?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, positively, right on my brother...be a part of the change as well as part of the solution.....because as we know if you're not part of the solution you are part of the problem. Taking initiatives for change has made a tremendous difference in America and is part of our core foundation, so absolutely find a cause and take a stance as though the lives of your children depended upon it....BRAVO!!!

Sheila said...

hmmmm, I suppose that until I feel passionately about something enough to protest I'll just stay grateful and practice acceptance. When it is my time to take a stand, I'm sure I will. And I do. But to "look" for something to protest, well, that just doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Maybe being a producer of harmony is the shoe that fits me better.

Anonymous said...

Not evryone's life is so harmonious and most don't have to look far to take a stand...I believe in general people are truly grateful for what they have (Happy Thanksgiving) but for most, choosing to simply accept is just not an option. Maybe in the terms of "accepting what you cannot change" descriptive of serenity is a good philosophy; but often in some communities if you don't stand for something you fall for anything. It truly would be a utopia if we could all just accept and live in harmony and it were just that simple. Looking for a protest is often not "looking" in the sense that you seem to describe or a least evoke by your words. Most times a protest is placed upon a group of people everyday for the simple reason of non-acceptance by today's societal norms and injustice for so many reasons. In order for those norms to change and be more accepting for all, taking a stance is the only resolution to keep deeply rooted beliefs from getting lost in translation. How sad that is to loose what we simply do not understand by allowing it to just occur because we are not prepared to take a stand; we are not prepared to look for those injustices. Little instances happen on a daily basis to most people and they simply turn their heads these days. That is very sad indeed. So I applaud taking the initiative, whether it envelopes a harmonious opus or not, so as to make a sincere change for the betterment of the people, by the people. Lead the way and show the light, and when it is done right, those too will follow. Your change will be a beacon for all to see.

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems