Tuesday, June 30, 2009

R.I.P. Michael Jackson


One of my fondest memories was the Motown 25 TV special. I was in elementary school and I remember my parents letting me stay up late to watch the show. We were all in the living room of my grandparents house waiting and watching. I'm not sure what everyone else was waiting for, but I was waiting for Mike. Just a few days before, I was at the school carnival and spent what seemed like hours, dancing in the "Michael Jackson Room". Once The Jacksons hit the stage, My parents and grandparents began smiling and reminiscing. They were singing along and I was too. I knew the songs, mainly, from the cartoon. Then, the other brothers left the stage and Mike stayed. He said a few words, but the butterflies in my stomach drown him out. I knew that when he started performing, it wasn't gonna be long before he hit that Moonwalk. I was riveted! Mesmerized! I felt like I was actually there. And when he hit that Moonwalk.......

I lost my natural mind. I jumped up and yelled, and I even clapped. I was so blown away, that in the middle of winter in West Virginia, I wore one glove to school. He was the greatest performer I've ever seen. But that's just my opinion though, and who the hell am I?

No comments:

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems