Thursday, October 1, 2009

Love Definition

My friend Roberta hipped me to a definition of love that she got from a site about three years ago. I dig it.

"Love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, even the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you."

Feel free to post your own definition. I think I'm gonna adopt this one. But that's just my opinion though, and who the hell am I?

6 comments:

Adria said...

I completely agree & don't think there could be a better definition.

Tamara said...

Great definition....gives me chills just thinking about the conviction and devotion required to fulfill that definition...but so worth it!!
Heres mine: Love is an ineffable, unconditional adoration with mutual respect and trust ever binded by effective communication.

Anonymous said...

Is there ever a clear definition? Some things in this world just remain unclear and limitless. I once read that "Love is a verb, expressed in unselfish actions and deeds. Therefore, love isn't what you say, it's what you do."

Neicy Cakes said...

To borrow from one of my favorites(Friedrich Nietzsche):

"What else is love but understanding and rejoicing in the fact that another person lives, acts, and experiences otherwise than we do…? "

Definition possibilities are endless, to each his own.... I just happen to love individuality ;)

Tamara said...

Anonymous:
That's like an old phrase I use and teach my children to use:
"I can show you better than I can tell you."
Good stuff!!

Wendy Lough said...

I really like this definition of love...its too bad we can't find it more in our society.

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems