Sunday, September 27, 2009

Reeeeeeeeeeeally???

Did you know that white skin has evolved over time? A sleepless night and a few obscure websites lead me to these facts. It seems we were all black once(consistent with evolutionary fact of first humans in Africa). White skin was a result of humans moving away from the equator. Also all skin, without coloring, would appear creamy white. Near-surface blood vessels add a blush of red. A yellow pigment also tints the canvas. Lastly, sepia-toned melanin, created in response to ultraviolet rays, appears black in large amounts. These four hues mix in different proportions to create the skin colors of all the peoples of Earth. Isn't that crazy? I wonder why that makes me smile so hard? You would think that these type of revelations would make us feel closer as a species, but I bet it makes most folks just try and dispute it. But that's just my opinion though, and who the hell am I?€

2 comments:

Jermaine said...

Sleepless night and a few obscure website? lol....Your looking at the wrong websites..This should of took you 5 minutes to find..This is pretty common knowledge and has backing of many in the mainstream scientific community...

Tamara said...

I don't need the "scientific community" to make me feel closer to my brothers and sisters (all)....I already do.
I don't try to worry about why we are all different...I believe our differences make us great.
We are all one here on this Earth by nature and nurture, it's about time we all began to feel the love- ONE LOVE.

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems