Monday, May 28, 2007

My Cousin Reub




I have a cousin named Jule Reuben Walker Stradwick Rouse. We call him Reub or Lil Reub. As you can tell from the picture, he is really something else. I love him. Sometimes it is tough, but I do. He is hard for some people to take. He is covered in tattoos and has the look of a man who has lead a hard life.
He has.
He has overcame more adversity at age 29, than most people have in their entire lives. It hasn't made him overly mean, or abusive. He does drink too much for my tastes, but I don't judge my family. I just help them get up when they fall. I don't actually know why I am writing this, but he was on my mind. He very rarely gets a fair shake. Don't get me wrong, my cousin makes more than his share of mistakes; but he always seems to get the short end of the stick. Especially when he is trying to do something for someone else. He has such a big heart; and one of the most infectious laughs that you will ever hear. He is the little brother that I never had. He gets mad when I don't return his phone calls, but I'm always there when he needs me. He is so smart and so funny. Most of the time people only talk like this after a person is passed away, but I wanted to seize the moment. We should all practice telling a loved one that we love them before it is too late. I love my cousin Jule Reuben Walker Stradwick Rouse. Regardless of what you think of him. Do you have a cousin Reub in your life? If so, give him a call or shout him out in a BLOG. But don't tell them. It ruins the feeling. That's just my opinion though, and who the hell am I?

No comments:

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems