Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Desiderata

In my ever lasting search to find a blueprint, handbook, or guide through life; I feel as though I have finally found one. It is agenda free, without affiliation, and all inclusive. It has a silently explosive grasp of the soul, once it is read. It's dripping with truth and covered in divine fingerprints. As you can see, I think very highly of it. It was written in 1692 and Desiderata is Latin for "desired things". I don't want to write it all down in this text but I would love to challenge all of the readers of this blog to Google: The Desiderata or find it somewhere, read it, and write a comment telling me what you think about it. I am going to start with the beginning of it and post each line as a motto and mantra for that week until I am done. I hope you all get a chance to open your mind and read it. It is a very short, but powerful prose poem. I am not asking you all to abandon your Bibles, Korans, and other holy doctrines; I would just like to see if you can see and feel the effect of it's truth as I did when I read it. But that's just my opinion though, and who the hell am I?

No comments:

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems