Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Shaken Tree Syndrome

Once again, I have asked God to shake my tree. For those of you who don't know; this is where you ask God to shake your "proverbial" tree, and let all the things that are not in your favor or productive in your life, fall from it. Every time I ask, it happens. Each time it happens, I am astonished at what, and who, falls from my tree. People that you thought were your friends, fall. People that say they care for you or love you, fall. Your job and the people who you work for and with, fall. Even members of your family fall. My problem is, once the shaking begins, and things begin to fall, I ask God to stop. He always does. Then I pick things up and try to reattach them. Some take, and some don't. I'm really hurt this time, by what and who has fallen. I'm trying my best to fight the urge to ask God to stop shaking. It is hard, but I'm trying. Who knows. This my be a turning point in my life. If I let it. Sometimes, I guess; I can be my worst enemy. Especially when it comes my life's progression. No matter how healthy of a person you are, or claim to be; drastic or dramatic changes in life can bring out fear and apprehension.

Try it sometimes. Ask God to shake your tree; and when things begin to fall, see if you can take it. Especially when they are things that you were once so sure and certain about. It will make you look at and question yourself at the core of your being. It is difficult to say the least.

I'm getting used to it though. It's tough. But a wise man once said, "Without struggle there can be no progress". That's just my opinion though, and who the hell am I?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

When people begin falling out of my life, here's a little poem that helps me put things into perspective. I hope it will help you, as much as it helps me. Don't be dismayed: People come into our life for a REASON, for a SEASON and some for a LIFETIME. When you figure out which one it is,
you will know what to do for each person. I'm going to paraphrase the poem cause its so long.

When someone is in your life for a REASON. . .
It is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty,
to provide you with guidance and support,
to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend, and they are!

The prayer you sent up has been answered.
And now it is time to move on.

Then people come into your life for a SEASON....
Because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn.

They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons
: things you must build upon in order to have
a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
and put what you have learned to use in all
other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Anonymous said...

For some reason this post touched a heartfelt chord with me, I am not an overtly religious person but I do have a conscienciousness of a higher "connection" , if you will. I believe there is a true significance to all the joys under the sun.
At any rate, I contemplated prayer but I believe that even w/o your prayer these "things" may have "fallen". We are all doomed to fall, we just have to be equipped to get back up.
In the past couple years I have made some significant changes(the only constant) in my life. I don't know, I can only presume, that your God is a positive influence. Well I believe, my changes occurred through a negative influence but at any rate change did occur. Everything around me had become a negative influence. My life was a chaotic charybdis.
What I found was strength. I didn't ask for my tree to be shaken, it simply began to shake, like an earthquake. Branches fell, leaves blew, fruit rolled around, the water supply was definitely low and there wasn't any sunshine.
Not a pleasant site! It was terribly scary because it felt more like evil than goodness. I wanted the devastation to stop and it did, when I took control and set forth on a new path not traveled, attempting to forge and leadway.
Life is good now. My tree is flourishing, with the usual seasonal transitioning as so often occurs especially in this sector, which of course is my sector of the universe.
I am learning more about myself all the while. I have always considered myself strong but I believe I have an inner peace and strength now. I have always enveloped unconditional love but I have added a reminder of releasing the need for expectations, well at least unreasonable expectations.
Once again, life is good and I pray, yes i said a little prayer for you, that your life will too be well again and your tree will blossom and flourish like never before.

Anonymous said...

That's deep Cuz. God don't give us nothing we can't handle. Now I can add on things we don't need.

Anonymous said...

If you ask that the people/relationships/habits that are not productive to your life be shaken and encouraged to fall, then why do you sound disappointed or surprised that people who you thought were friends fall. You are asking the cosmos for help with perspective about your life; then those things that fall must not be that good for you at this time. Or rather are you surprised by what is not good for your life? I’m sorry that you are really hurt this time. Focus on the possibilities of the new things people/relationships/habits that will now have room to grow on your tree. Spring is here. Peace to you and may the new growth help ease the loss of those things that have fallen.

Anonymous said...

I told you this post really struck a chord with me and after some serious contemplating over the past few days I decided my tree wasn't shaken, it fell!! It was me who had fallen as well but I had secure roots enabling me to get back up and begin again...and begin again I have with a tree just as strong as the first but with added knowledge and perspective. Although we feel those around us fall, it is truly us that fall. We fall apart whether physically, mentally, or emotionally but not to fear for like I said before we all have the power, determination, and will to get back up!!! Be your own!!! Find your own and do you!!

Anonymous said...

A wise man knows when he has fallen and a strong man gets back up,,,,You are both wise and strong! IMMA DO ME---

Anonymous said...

Simply stated...Bravo!!!

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems