Thursday, May 22, 2008

Baby Steps


At least give them credit for trying. MTV is doing their best to shed the rumor that they know nothing about Hip-Hop. They have once again come up with their list of the Hottest MCs in the Game. At least this time they had the good sense to cover their butts by using the term "Hottest". This should get them out of trouble with all the real Hip-Hop heads out there. It would be like saying I was gonna make a list of the Coolest Jazz musicians. Who really cares if they're cool? Can they play good music? The same applies to this list. I don't know, nor do I care, what MTV's definition of "Hottest" is; I just applaud them for getting a few right this time. Here is the list:


10 T.I.











You can probably guess the ones that I have issues with: Jeezy, 50, Snoop, and Rick Ross. Jeezy, 50, and Snoop shouldn't be on the list at all. Jeezy was never good, 50's fifteen minutes of fame are on their last few, and Snoop just isn't relevant anymore. Rick Ross deserves to be on the list but I was thinking more like 8th or 9th. Lyrically he is miles ahead of Young Jeezy. The rest of the list is pretty cool to me. They are all good, relevant, creative, original MCs. Exactly what the game needs more of. But that's just my opinion though; and who the hell am I?

No comments:

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems