Saturday, July 18, 2009

Top Ten Soulful White Cats

I really dig R&B and soul music. Not as much as Hip-Hop, but I dig it. I am by no means a music historian or expert, but I was recently in an argument with a very closed minded friend of mine and he stated, "You can't name 5 white cats with more soul than me!" I forgot to mention that this guy thinks he has an amazing singing voice. He's pretty good, but my theory is, if you are chillin with me instead of in the studio or on tour; you must not be that good. After that, he went on to say, "Matter of fact, I bet you can't even name 10 white soulful cats!" This list is for you, JB!!!

1.) Robin Thicke
2.) Jon B.
3.) Justin Timberlake
4.) Daryl Hall
5.) Joe Cocker
6.) Teena Marie
7.) Heuy Lewis
8.) Bobby Caldwell
9.) The lead singer of Color Me Bad
10.) The lead singer of Simply Red

If you don't agree or you feel like I left someone off, put it in the comments. I think this list is pretty solid. But that's just my opinion though, and who the hell am I?

3 comments:

J. Lucious said...

Wow...how about John Fogerty (CCR), Janis Joplin, Bob Seger...Fuck it even Amy Winehouse

Crystal said...

Although I would rather drive a nail through my eardrum than listen to Michael Bolton, I have heard him described as soulful.

Tamara said...

Ok, Here's two more:

Peter Cetera and Don Henley.

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems