Wednesday, July 30, 2008

An Interesting Take

After reading the post below, one of my more loyal readers, made this statement. What do you think?

"The only people that care about black people are us. We will always be the first to be blamed, first to be asked to help someone, but never first to be helped."

I'm not sure how I feel about it; but there is a protective layer of truth around this statement that prevents me from dismissing it as just the rants of an angry black. It intrigues me. But that's just my opinion though, and who the hell am I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally at times, I believe we are our own worst enemey. We allow "PRIDE" to keep us and hold us back.

PRIDE keeps us from wanting help, trying to get help and at times having people ask us; if we need help.

We have lost many good relationships, had some career setbacks and missed oppurtunities because of "PRIDE".

Especially in black men. Black men hoard a great deal of "PRIDE". They don't admit when their wrong, they won't communicate to ask for help and get mad if you don't ask them how can you help.

Pride gets in the way and keeps us from seeking change-help-relief. We would rather sit in a pile of mess before we would allow someone to see our mess and let them help us out.

The bible says, Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall.

I don't know, that's just what I see and that's just my opinion.

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems