Sunday, January 25, 2009

The S.T.G. Award

The S.T.G. Award is an award that will be given to an person or persons that irks my nerves or causes me to want to say, "Screw That Guy". In fact, that is what S.T.G. stands for, but the G can be interchanged with Guy, Girl, or Group.
This weeks Award goes to the guy or group of guys who nominated Robert Downey Jr. and his buffoonish portrayal of a Black man for an Oscar. I know that the role called for him to make the role over the top, but i just don't think the brilliance of his performance out weighs the fact that his character addressed a real problem in Hollywood, where Black actors aren't being considered for roles that they should get a chance, unless they are Will Smith. In the day and age of America's first Black president, I really hope that we aren't faced with the idea of a white guy getting an award for playing a stereotypical caricature of a Black man. Don't get me wrong, I thought the movie and his part was funny. Damn funny. Funny, like a Black joke told by Blacks or a Jewish joke told by Jews, but not the type of humor that earmarks brilliance or sacrifice or the embodiment or pure emotion; but that's just my opinion though, and who the hell am I?

No comments:

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems