Monday, September 14, 2009

Buddha Cards

I have a stack of Buddhist meditation cards that I keep on my coffee table. I try to read them weekly and use that as a sort of theme for the week ahead of me. Sometimes I don't get around to reading it until Friday. Usually, I read them and keep pushing; but today's really rang true and I thought I'd share. What do you think?

"Do not permit your minds to wander aimlessly. Constantly be mindful of your thoughts, and try by every means to remain on the direct path to enlightenment."

I dig this one because it's like an exercise. A mental workout. It is one thing to watch whether or not your mind wanders; but it is another to keep your focus on enlightenment. Most folks try to achieve their enlightenment by extinguishing yours. Doing what this card says, to me, is like standing and holding buckets of water with your arms straight out. But that's just my opinion though, and who the hell am I?

No comments:

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems