Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Whyte Gurls & The Po-Lease

I was raised with some serious misconceptions growing up. I shouldn't say I was raised with them. I adopted them at a very young age. My definition of a misconception is a believe of attitude developed from no, or very little, exposure to a subject. For example, when I was growing up, I had the worst opinion of white women. Not all white women. Just the ones who dated black men. I used to believe that they were weak, stupid, and easily manipulated. This misconception was born from my limited exposure to white women and the circumstances in which I was exposed. From my father to my uncles, there were always a string of white women following them around at their beckoned call. They seemed happy to do or provide anything without getting any positive feedback in return. Again, this is the perception from my young eyes; and trust me, I wasn't getting the full picture. It got so bad that after high school, my three goals were: 1.)Get an apartment on The Hill, 2.)Get a car, and 3.) Get a white girl from Moundsville to pay for it all. I also was under the impression that Moundsville was fertile ground for those kinda white girls. Of course, by meeting new people and leaving my mind open I began to see that my belief was, in fact, a misconception. It started when I met Becky Pearson. She was a professional, white woman. She is the person I credit for getting me into the career that I am doing currently. She was smart,, funny, pretty, and she was married to a black man. I was certain that he wore that pants, and on a regular basis told her to shut up or talked down to her in some kinda way. I was completely wrong. They had a happy, healthy relationship. She was a a very professional Therapist and he was street dude. He got his act together, but he started out as a stereotypical street dude. I was stunned. From there, I met Amy Ramsey and she was another professional, strong, smart white woman. I worked on that misconception until I developed a new belief: There are dysfunctional women in all races, creeds, and colors. Another one was my feelings about police. When I was young, a police officer pulled over my father and I while we were driving. The police officer called my father a "long haired, nigger faggot". I'll never forget that. Since then, I have been very leery and nervous around the police. I remembered how I got past my white women thing and now I have set out to really get to know some police officers, and their families. That way, I would see them as human beings with families, instead of animals with guns and badges. I'm still working on that one though. I challenge everyone reading this to confront a misconception in their life. It could be about anything or anyone. Just look at yourself or your life and think about beliefs or ideas that you hold on to without much basis. Once you identify it, examine it. Find out if it's really a misconception, or a fact. If the examination proves it to be a misconception, begin the reversal process. It can only better your life to make it more inclusive that exclusive; but that's just my opinion though, and who the hell am I?

35 comments:

Jermaine said...

Bravo....Bravo....I think the only misconception I had growing up of White Women was they all have parents that wouldnt approve if I'd date them... I remember thinking "Yeah, they think I'm a good guy but if I came home with their daughter..." I'm not sure if my conception has changed much, Now I'm older and I could care less of what parents think, but I have came across some parents that were pretty cool....

Jermaine said...

Which is odd, since my Mother is a white woman...but I think since she was European I felt like she was immune from anything like that...To me modern racism is an American invention....Perhaps it's just that side of the family remembering fondly where they came from, but I just keep hearing about how people dont think twice about it...Atleast not like the do in America...Growing up, if a girl would ever tell me about their parents, It would seem so foreign to me...didnt make sense...

Susan said...

I would like to resort to a notion I read about you before,regarding shaking the tree or some odd analogy that ALMOST made sense. MAYBE, JUST MAYBE ITS YOU THAT IS CRAZY???? You write in here almost routinely about crazy women and what you been through and what your ex did and what this girl did, and what you're gonna do differently etc etc...
I realize this will sound stupid at first since this is YOUR blog, but have you noticed all the crazy older women and all the crazy white women etc etc have one thing in common? YOU! How about write a blog sometime about what you really see in the mirror, and not some psychobable bull that makes you come out on top, and makes all your girls following your blog feel worse about theirselves, like somehow they just don't deserve the multitalented, super genius that you portray yourself to be. This may come as a shock, but, I'm not trying to hate, I just have read back through some of these and all the other hating going on and all your stories, and its all the same. You get sidelined by someone, then you wanna be a better man, than you get sidelined someone else, and screw being a better man, and then you realize you hurt the ex, and feel bad about it and gonna change again, and then she hurts you and then screw it all again, not changing.....ringing a bell?
I'm starting to agree with the the person that says you hide behind your shirt and tie like every other man. I think that you want to have your cake and eat it too, and your "followers" should just be OK with that. I'm here to tell you you're hurting several people, and isn't macho, and it isn't funny and isn't OK. It's rude, immature, and hurtful. And if that's your style fine, but own it and be truthful and if someone gets hurt its their own problem. Maybe get a T-Shirt printed up that says "Caution: I can not commit to breakfast, let-alone a relationship".
I don't think you attract crazy older women, or crazy white women at all (or however else you label them). I think you meet good, decent women (black or white, smart or ditzy) all the time, then you play with their heads and make them crazy!!! But who the hell am I?

Mary said...

Susan: couldn't agree more!! OMG LMAO is all I can say right now - oh, and also.....GO STEELERS=)

Crystal said...

Damn! I'm amazed by the number of women that hate your guts. LMAO.

Tamara said...

Yeah, this post actually said alot about his elusiveness....

Susan said...

I don't hate the bloggers guts, I don't interact with the blogger enough even think that. My comment/opinion was based on personal observations outside the blogging world and the bloggers own words. I am not, have not, nor ever will be, in a relationship with the blogger. Not only am I married, the blogger is obviously commmitment-phobic.....lmao. I will state though that I am amazed at the perception that "moundsville" women were the ones to go after... Having friends from all over the northern panhandle, I wasn't aware that black people even go into "good ole boy country", let-alone head on down there to steal their women????? Not smart. And not saying I'm a racist, or that I think its not possible for a black guy to get a any white Moundsville women (and yes, like dogs, they are a breed, i believe from the herding group, bawahahahahaha)... I'm just saying once you go below Ohio County, racism is a little thicker among the general population....

Anonymous said...

I am defending this amazing man who I adore & consider friend... even though lately we have had our differences. After reading this, I was compelled to text him an apology.


"A normal woman can accept her own faults and take responsibility for her mistakes without trying to make herself look & feel better by displacing blame..... Bitter bitches can't! "

I am choosing to stay anonymous because I do not allow drama to affect my life. I have better things to do than fill my time with childish games! Ladies, get a hobby other than stalking & bashing a wonderful man!

Anonymous said...

OMG- ron how many girls are u with? ladies- I think this is a chance for us to see, since he said I am the only one he is foolin with, that looks to bea giant lie. he thinks none of us will call him out for fear he will stop seein us.this would be one less white girl to pay for everything- do you even own a wallet ron? and anonymous-why would we be bitter unless he is stringing us along. I would not be pissed if he told the truth he has no reason to lie to me but he still does, that don't make this man amazing.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous: I guess this is our chance to see beacuse I was told I was the only one too.

Anonymous said...

well we are up to 2 any more out there?

Lisa said...

There's me.

Sheila said...

And me

Paula said...

And me

Donna said...

Don't forget me

Patrica said...

Let me throw my hat in the ring.

Felicia said...

Me too. What number are we up to?

Shynisha said...

I'm in!

Becky said...

Don't leave me out.

Justine said...

I love the nigga!!!

Denise said...

I love him way more than that bitch!!!

Frank said...

This may be hard for y'all to believe, but me and him shared something special too.

Oprah said...

As long as we are admitting things, I dumped Steadman for him awhile ago.

Beyonce said...

Jay just ain't doin it. We been seeing each other for months.

Hillary said...

After my husband stopped sleeping with that bitch, Monica, we just couldn't connect. Ron helped me through it. I owe him so much.

Tabitha said...

The nigga damn near broke my back!

Anonymous said...

so little time so many stupid white women...

Adria said...

I too, think this man is amazing, smart, caring, kind hearted, and as we all know, "well in endowed." I tell him these things every night when we are lying in bed next each other discussing our future. Sometimes I tell him these things after he wears a speedo and gives me a lap dance. I hope to be bearing his child very soon. I will send out announcements to all you MUTHA FUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZ!

Anonymous said...

it may be big but it is still nasty

yo bitch said...

maybe we could start a club- does anyone know a place big enough where we could meet?

Carla said...

Does anyone know how much it costs to rent the Wesbanco Arena? If we all pitch in a buck, we could rent it, cater it, and hire a DJ.

Anonymous said...

Definition of FRIEND :
–noun 1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter:
3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?
4. a member of the same nation, party, etc.

Not anywhere in there do I see where a friend means one is "foolin with" that person. Not that I never have ;), but I am not a bitter bitch!

I am firm on my stand & will defend this man's character endlessly.

love ya Ron! * 7/11 VS mall ;)

Anonymous said...

nobody here says they are his friend. they are bitter cause he is leading them on- you fool with a girl and she usually thinks there is more than just being used by the man- that is not bitter that is just sick of being shit on.
and what does that say about his character- that he just uses girls and none of them are good enough to commit to but they are good enough when he wants it. hell he can't even commit to a real date.

Anonymous said...

Is their diseases I need to know about?

Anonymous said...

yep, if ya itch it is time to go to the doc

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems