Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Right Direction

I've gotten back into the theatre again. I'm not back on stage, but I am directing this time. The part that is more special to me is the fact that I'm directing a one act play that I wrote. Now that I think about it, I'm directing 5 one act plays, set to open on the same night. The one that gives me a feeling of pride, is the one act that I wrote. Not to take anything away from the other authors, I just dig my show. Matter of fact, one of the shows was written by my best friend and another was written by an area theatrical legend. I still dig my show. I don't know how many of you have ever written a play or a poem or something creative; but if you have, there is no feeling better than the feeling of seeing what you've written come to life. The cast that is performing my show was completely in touch with the writing and the feelings that I wanted to convey with the dialogue. It was like they knew where I wanted to take the audience. The few times I had to give direction, it was like they were reading my mind and they often applied the direction before I finished telling them exactly what it was that I wanted. The cast vibed, the words flowed, and the emotion was there. Once we added the blocking, or movements of the actors, the show really began looking alive. It was a proud moment for me. I was so excited and the cast was so involved that a 30 minute rehearsal turned into a 2 1/2 hour rehearsal. I was running of pure creative adrenaline after that, and didn't sleep until 1:00am. I hope that this continues into a great production. The show opens on Sept. 17th, and it is for one night only. It is a part of Sto-fest, a new one act play festival, at the Independent Theatre Collective on 2001 Market St. Whg, WV 26003. It's incredibly time consuming, but I believe that the pay-off is gonna be tremendous for this event. But that's just my opinion though, and who the hell am I?

2 comments:

Adria said...

Very happy for you! I will be there with BELLS ON! Can't wait to check all of them out!

Neicy Cakes said...

Sorry I have to miss it :( I'll be thinking good thoughts for ya!

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems