Monday, September 14, 2009

The Good Wife's Guide

Back in the day there was a magazine entitled, Housekeeping Monthly. When I say back in the day, I mean baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack in the day. In their May 13th, 1955 issue they had a little list that they ran entitled, "The Good Wife's Guide". When I read it, I was reminded of how drastically the ideas of Home, Wife, Family, and Husband have changed. I'm gonna post at least one of these things per week and I want you guys; especially the women, to tell me what you honestly think.

Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first- remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! All I can think about is my mom when I read this. There is no way that she would read this without laughing out loud. Especially my grandmother! She would've never bought into this line of thinking, and I consider her old school. My my my, how things have changed; but that's just my opinion though, and who the hell am I?

1 comment:

Tamara said...

How about we keep it at just plain: "listen"...equal; no one less important than the other.
Just got to adapt to "changing" times...."listening" is a invaluable attribute!

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems