Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Senior Poem

I saw a group of men tearing a building down.
I group of men in my hometown.
With a heave and a ho and a mighty yell,
They swung a beam and a sidewall fell.
I said to the foreman, "Are these men skilled?
The type you'd hire if you wanted to build?"
The foreman said, "Oh no, Indeed!
Common labor's all I need.
For I can tear down in a day or two,
What it took a builder 10 years to do."
I thought to myself as I walked away,
Which of these roles am I going to play?

I don't know the author of this poem but i dig it. i give a copy to all of the seniors that I've had the joy of counseling every school year. I posted it because i believe it has a good message that it seems like some of you need to hear. But that's just my opinion though, and who the hell am I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life and Death is in the tongue. Words hold power - choose them wisely and Speak Lyfe!

I remember this poem. Perfect!

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems