Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Conversations With Pop


Once I was walking down the streets of Wheeling Island, and a small red sports car pulled up beside me. The man driving called me to the window. He was very drunk and I could tell that he had no business driving. By the potency of the vapors, I'm surprised he was still conscious. He began to speak and he stopped himself. He used his fingers to pull a large hunk of mushrooms out from his jawline. These aren't the Pizza Hut kind of Mushrooms either. The way the glob splattered on the ground in front of me, I knew he had it in his mouth for a while. He proceeded to talk to me as if we were in mid-conversation. He said to me, "Survival is nothing more than the manipulation of time. If you find yourself in a situation that you don't believe that you can get out of, or that is detrimental to you; STALL. Nothing is constant but change, and in time, the situation will provide an escape route for you to come out safe and sound." That is when I learned that Survival and Patience are synonyms. It really blew me away to hear this stuff coming from him. He must have been having a good day. Every now and again, my father says some deep stuff. That's just my opinion though, and who the hell am I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm in a hurry to get things done
Oh, I rush and rush until life's no fun
ALL I REALLY GOTTA DO IS LIVE AND DIE
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why

Until recently my goal in life was to eliminate every line but th third. Do that and you're golden.

Lacey Peterson

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems