Friday, April 13, 2007

The Coon Show


When did it become so cool to be black and ignorant? Is this the after effect of "Keepin' It Real"? I thought we had reached our bottom, as a people, when I saw Flavor Of Love I & II. Lucky for us, the good folks at MTV hopped right on the Buffoonery bandwagon. The new show is "Adventures In Holly-Hood". No, I didn't just make that up. It's wrong on so many levels. It paints a picture of black folks that sheltered, naive, white folks would welcome into their psyche and not feel the least bit racist, judgmental, or stereotypical. I don't like to knock anyone's hustle, but I am sure that Martin & Malcolm are somewhere looking down and thinking, "Is this where the struggle has lead my people?" Living in a primarily white population, shows like this just make the water cooler/ Lunchroom/ Teacher's Lounge a place of dread. It's just the ammunition that the "behind-closed-doors" racist needs to bring it out to the forefront. I hope this trend dies soon. If it doesn't; please rent Spike Lee's movie, "Bamboozled" to see how this is all gonna end. Damn, I miss the Huxtables! That's just my opinion though, and who the hell am I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more! It's just how everyone became so outraged with Imus' comments, but we can't wait to hear 50 cent's new album that it 10x worse. To me it seems that we hold white people to a higher standard than we do our own people and that is disturbing.

 
Custom Search

net visitor stats
PSP Game Systems